Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Grocery - a sandwich for the hangover in everyone

So this morning afternoon, after Rebirth at the leaf and Snake N' Jakes, I was hungover. I have passed by the Grocery a million times, but decided to walk on down there and see what the food was like. I walked out an hour later with a cured hangover and a beer in my hand.

The Good
-Great menu selection: classic po'boys, pressed sandwiches, and clubs. I got the California Avocado (tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, pesto, cream cheese) and it was fantastic.
-Large sandwich size: My friend ordered a small roast beef po'boy and it was at least 6-7 inches across and loaded with goodness
-Beer!

The Not So Good
-Honestly, I'm having a tough time here. I mean I guess it looks more like a deli than a restaurant.. but I don't really have a problem with that. Do you?

Good to Know
-They had a huge lunch rush when we showed around 1:30. By 2:30 when we were leaving the place was almost empty. If you don't want to wait 10 minutes for your order to come up, go early/late.

The Grocery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment