Monday, March 21, 2011

Coulis on Prytania

Photo Courtesy of Coulis Facebook
This little breakfast spot down the street from my house is one of my favorite close-by spots for breakfast. Located on Prytania between Amelia and Foucher, Coulis, takes a relatively small space and opens it up with brightly painted walls and huge glass windows.

The Good
-The menu is small, but every dish on it is worth trying. I'd specifically suggest the Eggs Creole or the Special French Toast.
-The coffee is good, better than most breakfast places I've been to in New Orleans.
-If you can't find anything you like on the menu, the omelettes are pretty killer and are gigantic. They also have a good selection of veggie/meat/cheese toppings.
-Two Words: Cheesy. Grits.
-Two More Words: Amazing. Biscuits.

The Not so Good
-They don't serve iced-coffee, which I love, and will make me think twice about going there in the summer. I need the cold stuff.
-If the restaurant is packed, the service is great; if the restaurant is slow, service is awesome; if it's right in the middle, for whatever reason, the food etc has always taken longer.


Good to Know
-They do make gluten-free dishes for anyone who has gluten allergies.
-BYOB - which I've actually done before when I left the bar and went straight to breakfast.

Coulis on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment